Thursday, January 12, 2017

Firms On Craigslist

As a follow up to our recent post about finding jobs in Las Vegas, someone pointed out that there are several jobs on Craigslist with the firm name listed--including, but not limited to, Eglet Prince; Marquis Aurbach;, and, Wilson Elser. For anyone in the market, these could potentially be great jobs. Our question is what do you think about firms posting jobs on Craigslist? What, if anything, does it say about the job market in Vegas right now?


5 comments:

  1. We occasionally use Craigslist to advertise for legal assistant or equivalent positions. You will get tons of resumes within hours and can find good candidates, but have to weed through lots of crap to get there. On the other hand, it is almost free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have worked at 2 of the aforementioned firms. One of those jobs I got from a posting on Craigslist. It was anonymous at the time. All 3 would be great places to work experience-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its cheap and avoids the ridiculous rates of the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked for jobs before on Craigslist and I've gotten a job from an ad in Craigslist. I don't see any problem with throwing an ad there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the deal with Craigslist job posts: If you've got a job, put your name on it. Otherwise, I'm assuming you're a lying bastard and I'm flagging it for removal. I'm not responding to a generic "Busy downtown law firm is seeking an attorney for civil and criminal work."

    ReplyDelete