Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sweet And Sour Grapes


  • The defendant in the anonymous-businessman sex-tape extortion case wants to challenge his guilty plea. [RJ]
  • AG Adam Laxalt says the Nevada Supreme Court is going to have to revisit a prior search and seizure decision due to a recent US Supreme Court decision. [RJ; Las Vegas Sun]
  • Six Republican candidates who lost in the primary have filed a court action alleging "possible" malfunction of voting machines.  [RJ]
  • The Nevada Supreme Court denied the ACLU's request to continue a hearing on the school choice bill. [RJ]
  • Nevada will get $5.3 million as part of settlement with Volkswagen. [Las Vegas Sun]
Thanks for all the participation in the comments lately. We appreciate the spirited discussion. Please feel free to continue to speak your mind, but remember to keep it work-appropriate and slander-free. 

9 comments:

  1. Regarding the candidates who think they lost because of a voting machine error - Voldemort lost with a 37% margin and Faust lost by a 22% margin - those aren't statistical anomalies and are large enough that a problem with voting wouldn't explain the HUGE loss margins. The other ones that lost at an 8% (Orrock), 4% (Trenner), 8% (Rooney) - those are close enough that IF there was a voting machine error, it MAY have been close enough to change the outcome.

    HWSNBN lost by a HUGE margin - can he stop trying to be relevant now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voldemort needs to go get a real job he's qualified for whatever that might be.

      Delete
    2. Steve Sanson

      Delete
    3. Baiting the trap @1:33

      Delete
    4. I will always put my name on any post, I don't run, I don't hide. This statement is coming from a person using the name Anonymous, that's hilarious. In addition you replace my name with Voldemort, so I cant respond, so I cant defend myself. WOW! Look up the definition of coward idiot! I am right here come get me!

      Delete
  2. While we're talking blog admin, I'd like to move for a different blog background - something that makes it look like I'm working when I'm reading comments instead. Snippets of the NRS or something? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. I have been thinking about this myself. Glad I am not the only one!

      Delete
    2. Fantastic idea!

      Delete
  3. I love how a reminder to limit slander completely cools comments. Fuck every judge who can't be bothered to read pleadings. Silver included. She's useless.

    ReplyDelete