Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Judge Bell Now Hearing Specialty Court Cases

Although it might not exactly be "news" to you (if your runners actually do their jobs and you have seen the latest case reassignment notice), the Sun is featuring a heartwarming story today about how Judge Linda Bell has taken over for Judge Delaney in hearing drug specialty cases ("adult felony drug court, felony DUI court, prison re-entry drug court, veterans court and mental health court — special programs that aim to help defendants overcome issues or treat illnesses to keep them out of future trouble."). 

I don't know about all of you, but Judge Bell was easily one of my top three favorite civil Judges (next to Judge Elizabeth Gonzalez and Judge Williams).  Who's in your top three and why?





7 comments:

  1. 1. Judge Gonzalez- reasoned jurist who is handling the biggest cases in the jurisdiction.

    2. (tie) Judge Barker and Judge Herndon-- Had complete reservations about them coming out of the DA's Office as to ability to handle civil matters but are both efficient, effective and fair in their decisions.

    3. Judge Togliatti- See #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judge Gonzalez, Judge Bell and Judge Williams have all practiced law. Judge Bell was a civil litigator before she was a PD. Glad to hear about the former DAs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 11:38 is spot on, but I'd tie Togliatti and Cadish for #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonzalez and Denton are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delaney was slow in business court but she made good decisions. I have not had great experiences with Bell. So, from the civil bar side, I'm happy to exchange Bell for Delaney. I also like Gonzo and Denton. Scann has been doing better than I thought she would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judge Denton is my favorite civil district court judge. I enjoyed the eye rolling at opposing counsel's lame argument.

    Judge Elliot is my favorite family court judge, even when she rules against me.

    Judge Burr is my favorite JP. He knows the law and simply follows it, which rarely happens in JC. I also think he looks like Huey Lewis, which makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did anyone else read this:
    http://news.yahoo.com/judge-apple-lawyers-smoking-crack-160159235.html

    ReplyDelete