Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking Inventory...

So last Friday I asked you what we could take from the Wild Wild Law blog to make this blog a little bit better. Here is a summary of what you said:
  • The blog should be a "relief valve" where people can come to "blow off steam." So we've decided to open up an Asian Massage Parlor for all of our readers. But more seriously, I hope to provide more posts in the future where we can discuss the quirks and absurdities of working in the Las Vegas legal market. If you have any particular topics you'd like to discuss, feel free to leave them in the comments or e-mail us. Seriously, this blog is only going to be as good as our readers.
  • Gossip! For the first time in a while, people actually offered up some gossip in the comments section. That's what we like! If you have any good stories about your male boss nailing his secretary (so chauvinistic!), or your female boss nailing the copy guy (progressive!), we want to hear about it. Or even just information about comings and goings, or law firms breaking up is always welcome. As always, we will protect your anonymity.
  • The site needs to be easier to find on searches. I'll try to work on this, but you're just going to have to tell your friends about this site until we move up in the search results. Somebody else suggested we start a Facebook page to get the word out. I'll have to discuss that one with Law Dawg, but that will require more work. Remember, Law Dawg and I have real jobs, so just maintaining and posting regularly on this site can get difficult at times.
  • Better commentary. That's your fault. You guys really need to pick up your commenting game. Apparently we need less polite and dignified commentary. That does not mean we need more Double Kickstands in our faces or long dissertations on the BK hottie's legs (or do we?).
  • Less ALL CAPS conspiracy theorists in the comments. Agreed.
  • More discussions on Nevada Supreme Court opinions. Now that just seems like work. But honestly, if you find any NV SC opinions that you find interesting or that divided the court, let me know and I'll do a post on it. I'm all for more intellectual stimulation.
  • More polls on topics such as the legal job market and who is the hottest female judge. I'll see what I can do about that, and I might even do a poll on the hottest MALE judge for the LADIES! (WOO WOO!).
  • Just more posts in general. I agree with this one. I've tried to put up at least two posts a week, but with work and other commitments I can't make any promises.
  • You can now get to the blog by typing in WildWildLaw.com into your browser! That should make things easier!
I appreciate all the feedback. It's always welcome. I'll do my best to implement your suggestions in the future. Anything I missed?

- JD

7 comments:

  1. Nice summary -- thanks.

    I'm not sure how webcrawlers pick up traffic so they rise in the search returns list. I read somewhere that there's a science and subindustry to manipulate that stuff but I don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your work on this blog. I tell everyone I know I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Discussions about Nevada Supreme Court decisions. Don't we have to actually HAVE decisions before we can discuss? Or at least PUBLISHED ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.nevadajudiciary.us/index.php/advancedopinions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, opinions over Indian kids and whether a temporary tarp is a roof just don't inspire a whole lot of commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even when the "temporary tarp" case was the Deaner Deaner firm getting rained on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Short version of the tarp case:

    No coverage. Deaner, Deaner, Deaner.

    Oh, and Nevada is adopting efficient proximate cause.

    ReplyDelete